Five for Friday

It has definitely been a long week, a fun one, but a long one!  Here's what I've been up to!


I'm slowly getting things ready for my youngest daughter's first birthday Sunday!  I cannot believe my little bumblebee is going to be a year old!  I've been told numerous times that the second baby does everything faster, but I didn't think the time would go so quickly!!  This little bumblebee is my mini-me :)


On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of getting together with a "few" other bloggers at the Virginia Bloggers Meet up in Richmond.  We had a great time!  Talking is not on my short list of things that I enjoy doing, especially in a large group of people.  I tend to be more of a listener and all, but I enjoyed meeting these ladies and can't wait to see them again!



I finally bought a 21st century printer last weekend- one that copies, scans, faxes, and prints.  It is even wireless... yeah, I had my old printer for many, many years, so this upgrade was not only muchly needed, but a lot of fun to play with!  It's also giving me the opportunity to get some of my doodles scanned and into digital format.  I can't wait to get some of my ideas into pictures!


If you are reading this, then you've obviously figured out my #4- I changed the name of my blog this week!  After coming back to blogging after a few months after Bumblebee was born, the name bothered me...it wasn't me and it was a mouthful!  So, driving back from Richmond Wednesday I finally thought of a good name, and here we are!



This one SURPRISED me today!  I stopped by my classroom to pick up a few things and was piddling around and I noticed this...


Who has a smart board in her classroom??  This girl!  I didn't think I was going to get one this year!  I can't wait to figure out how to use it and play around with it.  I go Monday to set up my classroom.  Can't wait to get it ready to go and then stay away for a few weeks!

Anyone have any good Smart board ideas or places to get resources??

4 comments

  1. So awesome that you are getting a Smart board! You'll have a lot of fun with it! I want to go to the next meet up, but I'm not a fan of talking in large groups ,so we can sit and listen together :-). I love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have calendar lessons for EVERY month! Let me know if you're interested. :)

    Stacy
    2nd Grade Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting surprise! You'll love the Smartboard and won't want to teach without it after you get used to it. I have a Promethean, but it's close to the same. Good luck getting ready for that party. They grow too fast!!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great surprise! You'll get so much use out of it - don't know what I'd do without mine!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top