Springing Into Learning

I'm excited to be linking up with Elementary Antics and this awesome Springing into Learning Blog Hop!  I can't wait to see what everyone has to share!


Not sure about you, but when I think of spring, I immediately think of flowers blooming, butterflies and critters going about helping to create our beautiful world.  I also start to think of a new way to teach my unit on life cycles.

I teach 2nd grade in Virginia, so my science standards for life cycles include butterflies, white tailed deer (an all too common critter in Virginia!!) and plants. I looked on Pinterest for some cute (but educational) craft ideas and this is what I found! I linked up my Springtime Pinterest board, too!

I thought to make it geared more toward my standards, I could add some clipart to make the egg, caterpillar, chrysalis, and butterfly.



So adding my clip art, this is what I came up with!  You can also download the life cycle wheel as a freebie during this weekend only!  It is a little different than what is pictured above, I edited it to make it complete, instead of cut/paste...and copier friendly!!





Hope you can use this cute (but importantly....educational!!) craftivity!  Check out what else everyone is doing as we Spring into Learning! 





Thanks for hopping by!!

No comments

Back to Top