Sunday Scoop and more!

Wow...it's been a crazy few weeks.

In NO particular order, I have done/had:
-classroom to set up
-kindergartener start school and Bumblebee started a new sitter
-5 year old birthday party
-student teacher arrive
-first year as grade chair
-21 2nd graders arrive to my classroom
-11/21 2nd graders arrive who are more along the lines of a 1st grader
-weekend vacation
-stop to breathe...

I might be able to breathe starting tomorrow once I'm done with a certain ladybug's birthday party this afternoon.

I wanted to share a few things with y'all today that are going on in blog land...  I came across a new linky that I totally love!  I'm linking up with The Teaching Trio and their first Sunday Scoop!



I won't comment on most of this because it's pretty self-explanatory, but if anyone has any good book suggestions... I just discovered that my local library has an app where you can download e-books (score!) right to your phone (score double!) and since I finally went and got a new library card, I've been a reading fiend lately.  I read Fifty Shades of Gray (yes, I'm THAT behind in my life) and Written in My Own Heart's Blood (just finished last night...who doesn't love the Outlander series) so I'm in need of a new book to read.  

September also marks the beginning of football season (Go Packers!), fall, school, and the beginning of birthday season in my family.  There are 3 birthdays in September (my Ladybug, my daddy, and myself!) and then we are slammed from November to December.  Excited to get some family time in today!

The ladybug turned 5 on Thursday!


And speaking of birthdays, my good blogging buddy (and Virginia Blogger, too!) Andrea at Reading Toward the Stars! is having a birthday/1500 follower giveaway going on at her blog.  There are lots of goodies up for grabs (even some of mine!) so head on over and check out what she has going on.  Click on the photo to take you to her blog.



Have a wonderful week y'all... hoping to get back to the blog with some classroom pics very soon!

2 comments

  1. It's always great to have birthday parties! Hope you had a great day! Thanks for linking up with us!
    Juliet
    Tech Crazy Teacher
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, it's always great to connect with new second grade bloggers! I loved the first Outlander book, but I couldn't bring myself to read any more in the series. I liked where it ended and was nervous I wouldn't like the following books as much. This summer I read a whole bunch of time travel romances. If you liked Outlander, another book that I really enjoyed was The Ruby Broach.

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top