A Little Halloween Skill Review

Sorry for the blogging absence... September Survival stretched into October...

First of all, if you are a Virginia teacher, or even not, I will be part time writing for a new collaborative blog based on the VA Standards of Learning (SOLs) since Virginia doesn't use Common Core.  Check out Virginia is for Teachers and follow us on Facebook!

Well, we have gotten well into the swing of things in 2nd grade. We are currently drying out from all the rain we've gotten the past two weeks... a great time to be studying the weather!  So, with antsy kids with no outdoor recess, I'm trying to keep things interesting and engaging.  One night, I sat down and whipped up these Halloween themed review sheets and my students are eating them up!

Here are a few examples of some that my kiddos have done...


Left to right:  Basic Facts Review with sums and differences, Short Vowel Review, Place Value, Rounding, Even and Odd, and synonyms and antonyms.

The kids asked if there were more (O_o) and I couldn't believe them...  there are three more that aren't shown because it's a rounding review, sentences, and ABC order... we haven't done them yet!

Want them?  Click here to purchase them at TPT or Teacher's Notebook.  Would love to know if you use them or if you'd like to see more.

Since you've read allllll the way to the end of this advertisement post ;) I'll give my awesome readers a little freebie :)  Thanks for hanging in with me in  my blogging absence and I'll try to do better about sharing my classroom with you this year.... I have an awesome group of kids! That totally makes a difference!!

Click on the picture below to get your freebie of this skills packet!


Happy Reading!

No comments

Back to Top