Summer is back... Monday Made it!

Has it really been 3 months since I last blogged??

Hmmm.... yeah, unfortunately it has.  Sorry.

What's happened in the last 3 months?

Well, let's make a list...

-sold my house
-moved into a new house
-began renovating my new house
-finished my 11th year of teaching
-packed up and cleaned out a classroom

Can't wait to show you all some before and after pictures!  Right now we are taking down wallpaper...When I say we, I mean my husband.  Poor guy.

So, what's new?  Well, I'm currently working on the TPT seller's challenge, hosted by some very lovely ladies at {Third in Hollywood}, {Sparkling in Second}, (Peppy Zesty Teacherista}, and (Teach, Create, Motivate}.  Stay tuned for this upcoming blog post (hopefully not in 3 months!!!)

I just started a new account on Instagram to separate my personal and teacher lives a bit.  You can now follow me {@owlsandlessons} or click on the IG tab at the top of this page for a direct link!

I'm also really, really excited to start back with the Monday Made-its hosted by Tara at 4th Grade Frolics!  I enjoy looking through and getting ideas for my house and classroom, and even linking up!

I just completed a little sign for my new kitchen... and I love, love, love it!  I'm currently working on one for my living room, but it is in the very rough stage...

Anywho, I saw this pin on Pinterest awhile back...

Original Post

That really caught my attention.  I am a total fontaholic, and to be able to copy some of my favorite fonts to make a project, well, say no more!!  So, I found a script font that I loved {Sweet Pea} and went to town!

Only problem I had was that the printer I used was a laser jet, not an ink jet, so the transfer was a little more difficult.  I used Powerpoint to reverse my words and then traced over it.  It was good enough that I could see a basic outline to paint by.

My board was one that I'd made a few years ago...



Cute idea, but I had no follow through.  The kids broke off the clothespins and I chucked it into my cabinet until I found it the other day...

So, the turquoise color was my base color and it had a varnish over it... I painted the yellow over top and then before it had completely dried, I literally beat the heck out of it.  Hammer, nails, chains, screwdrivers, you name it.  That was a great stress reliever!!  I also took a little darker brown and with a sponge, dabbed a little around here and there to add a little "dirt" to it.  I really love how it turned out!  I have it on my stove in my kitchen.

This is the finished product :)


And in my kitchen...







Back to Top