Place Value is "SNOW" Much Fun!

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end.  I have really enjoyed sleeping in til 10, drinking a full cup of coffee without *too* many interruptions, and being with my family and kiddos.

How could you not enjoy time off with these goofballs?


I sat down today to begin the dreaded planning... and I was on Pinterest trying to find something fun for my kiddos to work on this week.  Type in "January Teaching Resources" and see what you find... lots of goodies! 

I came across this post and saw the cutest little snowman with place value review!  Perfect!  

I drew a little snowman and scanned him to my computer.  I edited it to be a little more geared toward 2nd grade standards, since we work on numbers through 999.  I also took off the comparing and added 10 more/less, 100 more/less.  I'm putting this in one of my math centers this week for my kids to review.  A couple of dice to generate a 3 digit number, hundreds chart, crayons, boom... done!

Here's my copy... excuse the coloring... 




And here's a copy for you!  Hope you enjoy!

If you go back to work tomorrow, have a great day back with your kiddos!

3 comments

Back to Top